District House dining vendors to have reduced summer hours

Olivia Anderson | Photo Editor
The new dining system introduced “meal deals” at various dining areas last semester. Officials plan to recruit new vendors to the meal deals this summer and increase the number of meal deal participants.

Students living on campus this summer will have less time to get a Chik-fil-a sandwich or a slice of Wiseguy pizza from District House.

With fewer students on campus, dining vendors in District House’s basement will have reduced operating hours this summer, University spokesman Brett Zongker said Wednesday.

GW Dining tweeted Tuesday that vendors in District House will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the weeks of May 29 and June 5. Officials have not yet determined the vendors’ operating hours for the remainder of the summer, Zongker said.

“We anticipate reduced hours during summer, but that will be adjusted as summer proceeds and shared via on-site signage and tweets,” he said in an email.

Zongker said none of the vendors would shut down entirely for the summer.

Six vendors are now open in District House after staggered opening dates beginning last December and continuing into the spring semester.