Venessa Perry to serve as Alumni Association president

Updated May 26, 2017 at 2:55 p.m.

Venessa Perry, the CEO of a healthcare consulting firm, will be the new president of the Alumni Association.

Perry, who received her master’s degree from the School of Public Health in 1999, will assume the role in about three weeks, outgoing Alumni Association President Jeremy Gosbee said at a Board of Trustees meeting Friday.

Perry is the CEO of Health Resource Solutions, a consulting firm focusing on helping organizations address health and social issues in underserved and vulnerable communities, according to the firm’s website.

Perry said she is looking forward to leading the association during the University’s upcoming 200th anniversary celebration and is seeking to continue many of the projects that the organization has already launched into next academic year.

“I think we have a plan moving forward, and so I’m looking forward to what that looks like in terms of implementing and also working with the University and the Board of Trustees,” she said during a brief address at the meeting.

Gosbee thanked the Board and University officials for working with the Alumni Association to increase alumni engagement during his time as president.

During Gosbee’s two-year-long tenure, the Alumni Association sought to create a more active Board, started a fund for students with unpaid internships and piloted a new one-on-one outreach system to alumni.

“We always appreciate the opportunity to partner with you,” Gosbee told the Board. “In my term as president one of the things I’ve gained a real appreciation for is the passion and the talent of our volunteer community and that certainly extends to all of you in this room.”

This post was updated to reflect the following correction:
The Hatchet incorrectly reported the title of Venessa Perry’s consulting firm. She is the CEO of Health Resource Solutions, not Healthcare Resource Solutions. We regret this error.