Officials name new chief information officer

Loretta Early will serve as the University’s next chief information officer, officials announced in a release Tuesday.

Early, who was previously the vice president and chief information officer at the University of Oklahoma, will lead the Division of Information Technology in her new role, managing the University’s technological infrastructure and working to reduce risk of cyberattacks, according to the statement.

She will begin working at the University July 1.

Early will focus on using data to improve the department and launch new projects, officials said in the release.

Louis Katz, the executive vice president and treasurer, said Early will prioritize collaboration with other departments in her new role.

“Her strong leadership and communication skills and technical expertise will enable her to partner with the institution to continue the investments in best-in-class technology solutions, workforce talent and innovation initiatives that advance the university’s mission, reputation of excellence and commitment to enhancing the student experience,” he said in the release.

She will take over for David Steinour, who had previously served in the position since 2009.

Before the University of Oklahoma, Early served as chief information officer at the College of William and Mary in Virginia and was a business analyst for Merrill Lynch.