Bust out the planner and make the most of your last week as a student

Ethan Stoler | Contributing Photo Editor
Eastern Market offers everything from salads to sweets among various vendors.

Whether this is your last time in the District or you’re sticking around post-graduation, you probably haven’t hit all of D.C.’s must-see spots.

During your last full week as a student, check out these unique events and activities at familiar places that you’ll need to visit if you want to be labeled as a true ex-local.

Monday:
You’ve likely strolled through the halls of every Smithsonian museum by now, but you probably haven’t shelled out the cash to get a ticket to the International Spy Museum. This is a destination that all family members will enjoy. Your younger siblings will love learning that spies exist in real life, and your parents and grandparents will geek-out at the James Bond movies coming to life before their eyes. Adult tickets to the museum go for $22. Check it out this week so your parents can cover the cost of the ticket, before they cut you off as you ascend into adulthood.

Tuesday:
If you haven’t made it out to Eastern Market, then take advantage of Market Week. The week-long celebration showcases the businesses, merchants and vendors on the historical corridor with special food tasting events and happy hours at area restaurants like Hank’s Oyster Bar and Barrel. Tuesday’s farmers market will be open from noon to 7:00 p.m. and will occur alongside a special opening of street vendors – that are usually only out on Sundays – selling art, jewelry and other crafts.

Matt Dynes | Hatchet Photographer

At the International Spy Museum, the history of espionage around the world is no secret.

Wednesday:
Underground Comedy at the Big Hunt is only a 10 minute walk from campus, but you probably never knew the low-ceiling dive bar existed. Check out one of the comedy club’s free shows on Wednesday night at 8 p.m. to get a good laugh with your parents so they don’t get too emotional that their child is all grown up.

Thursday:
The Heurich House Museum, better known as The Brewmaster’s Castle, is a little-known landmark just off Dupont Circle hidden in plain sight. The large, gothic building that sits on the corner of New Hampshire Avenue and 20th Street is the historic home of a beer brewer who lived there in the late 1800s. Head over to the Heurich House Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for History & Hops, a monthly event where you can enjoy a local craft beer while exploring the mansion and learning more about D.C.’s beer scene.

Friday:
Climbing up to the rooftop of the Kennedy Center for a photo shoot at sunset is a GW tradition, but you’ve probably never been for a morning dance party. If you’re up early, you can join a yoga session at 6 a.m. as the sun rises for $35. But if you don’t want to meditate, just get a $20 ticket and show up at 7 a.m. You’ll start your day with some dance moves at a party with performances and lots of energy to kick off your morning with a bang as part of the South Health’s Daybreaker: Music on the Brain event.

Saturday:
If your furry friend made the trek to D.C. for graduation, or you’re missing them at the celebrations this week, then head over to the final installment of the All The President’s Pups walking tour around Mount Vernon. At $7 per person, the guided tour for humans and canines visits the historic spots on the property and teaches you insight about George Washington’s dogs who lived on the estate.