Ladurée brings taste of Paris to M Street

Julia Abriola | Hatchet Staff Photographer

Studying abroad isn’t the only way to feast on Paris-based Ladurée’s famous macarons – the chain opened a new location in Georgetown Tuesday.

The new Ladurée shop at 3060 M St. includes a tea room, boutique and table service offering breakfast and lunch items like mini sandwiches, omelettes, soup and salads, EaterDC reported. The French pastry shop offers a wide assortment of their world-famous macaron flavors, ranging from the typical vanilla, coffee and chocolate to unique varieties such as rose petal and orange blossom. The shop will also feature several rotating seasonal flavors, like cognac and ginger.

Ladurée sells macarons for $2.80 each and the Georgetown location offers an exclusive $21 box of six cherry blossom macarons, which are bright pink and made to taste like the flower. Ladurée also plans to open a second, smaller D.C. location in Union Station in about a month, according to The Washingtonian.

This is the company’s eighth shop stateside and was scheduled to open last Wednesday, but the new location opened Tuesday after a city permit delay.

Holder Group, a company that owns French brands including Ladurée, has already made their presence in the District. The group has six Paul Bakery locations around the city, including one at The Shops at 2000 Penn in Foggy Bottom.

The shop launched the Georgetown location with a preview in the M street store for more than 100 guests on April 20. French Ambassador Gérard Araud was there to cut a ceremonial opening ribbon.