Three Metro stations to shut down this weekend

Updated: April 26, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.

Three Metro stations on the blue, orange and silver lines will be shut down this weekend, according to a Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority release posted Monday.

Metro will close Farragut West, McPherson Square and Metro Center stops April 29 and 30 to replace ceiling tiles in the stations, according to the release.

Buses will replace trains between the Foggy Bottom and Federal Triangle stations on the blue line starting at 10 p.m. Friday on the orange line starting at 7 a.m. Saturday – continuing through the weekend, the release states.

Silver line trains will operate only between the Wiehle-Reston East and Ballston stations, according to the release.

Some buses will travel both ways and stop at all of the closed stations, while others will go one way going from the Foggy Bottom, Metro Center and Federal Triangle stations, according to the release.

Orange line trains will travel between the Vienna and Foggy Bottom stations every 20 minutes and between Federal Triangle and New Carrollton every 15 minutes. On the blue line, trains will run every 20 minutes between Franconia-Springfield and Foggy Bottom and every 15 minutes between Federal Triangle and Largo.

On Saturday and Sunday, the final orange line train from Vienna to Foggy Bottom will leave 10 minutes earlier than usual at 11:15 p.m., and the last train between New Carrollton and Federal Triangle will depart 11 minutes earlier at 11:25 p.m.

The last weekend blue line train from Franconia-Springfield and Foggy Bottom will leave 30 minutes early at 10:59 p.m.

This post was updated to reflect the following correction:
The Hatchet incorrectly reported that orange line buses will travel between Foggy Bottom and Vienna and Federal Triangle and New Carrollton stations. These are Metro trains not buses. We regret this error.