GW announces interim dean for the School of Business

The associate dean for graduate programs at the School of Business will serve as the interim dean of the school, the University announced Friday.

Associate Dean for Graduate Programs Vivek Choudhury, who is also a professor of information systems and technology management, will take over after Linda Livingstone, the current dean of the business school, steps down on June 1 to become the first female president at Baylor University.

“It is an honor to serve as interim dean,” Choudhury said in the release. “Under Dean Livingstone’s leadership, GWSB has made great strides in recent years, and I intend to continue to build on this foundation.”

Livingstone, who served almost three years in the role, came to GW after her predecessor, Doug Guthrie, was fired in 2013 for overspending the school’s budget by $13 million. Livingstone helped develop the school’s eight-year plan to pay back the money it owes to GW.

Choudhury came to GW last year to serve as the associate dean after Vanessa Perry, the former interim associate dean, became the interim vice provost for diversity and inclusion. Before GW, Choudhury served as the associate dean at the University of Cincinnati’s business school.

Choudhury has implemented 15 graduate-level certificate programs that will start in the fall, according to the release.

Provost Forrest Maltzman said that information about a search for a new dean will be released in the coming months.

“President Knapp and I really appreciate Dr. Choudhury accepting the interim dean role,” Maltzman said in the release. “His experience, along with his collaborative nature, makes him well suited for this role.”