Weekend outlook

Explore different countries and cultures without leaving the District at an international film festival this weekend. But if you’re not looking for a new adventure, enjoy craft brews while listening to live music or find your zen with traditional yoga in an unconventional setting.

Friday

Filmfest DC

Celebrate 31 years of new cinema and cultural discovery at the District’s International Film Festival, Filmfest DC. Starting on Thursday and lasting 11 days, the festival will showcase 80 films from nearly 50 countries, ranging in genres from comedy and thrillers to social justice. Noteworthy films to watch for include the French film “150 Milligrams,” which is about an investigation into recent patient deaths and their ties to powerful drug companies, as well as the Nigerian romantic comedy “The Wedding Party.” This year’s festival will spotlight division and debate in a nod to current issues being discussed across the globe. Some of the filmmakers and directors will even be present during the festival for questions and discussions.

Landmark’s E Street Cinema, 555 11th St. NW., and AMC Mazza Gallerie Theaters, 5300 Wisconsin Ave. NW. $13-$14. Check schedule for times.

Saturday

Barley and Music Fest

Head over to Old Town Alexandria for the second annual Barley and Music Fest, an event showcasing craft brews from artisanal breweries and local entertainers. With restaurants, vendors, live entertainment and unlimited beer samples, the two-day event that starts Saturday promises a lively escape from Foggy Bottom. A portion of the event’s proceeds will go to SB Productions, a local nonprofit corporation that gives grants to other nonprofits in the community in areas like environmental protection and women’s rights.

300 John Carlyle St., Alexandria, Va. Noon to 6 p.m. $25 per day.

Sunday

Brunch Yoga at the Pub

Roll out your yoga mat in a nontraditional setting on the third floor of a sports bar. This strength-building vinyasa flow class promises relaxation. But if you don’t find your zen, the class includes one free brunch drink after the yoga session to help you wind down. The class is for people of all levels and beginners are welcome.

Crystal City Sports Pub. 529 23rd St. Arlington, Va. 9:30 to 11 a.m. $10.