This week in music

With the end of the semester in sight, get ready to jam out all summer long with these catchy tunes.

Matoma and Magic! feat. D.R.A.M. – “Girl At Coachella”

A haze of glitter and boho outfits have taken over Instagram feeds everywhere after the first weekend of Coachella, but summer music festival season has only just begun. Matoma, Magic! and D.R.A.M came together to produce “Girl at Coachella,” a song detailing the encounter between two music lovers at the coveted Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.

The song was released just in time for the thread of music festivals that happen over the summer. Its reggae-inspired beat and singable lyrics appeal to those looking for a mellow summer hit. Magic! sings about meeting a girl with a similar taste in music and how they spent the festival together through a catchy, low-key melody. Yet the chorus ends with “But when the lights went on, she was gone forever/ Never trust a girl at Coachella,” showing the reckless, fleeting time with his perfect girl disappeared as reality returned at the concert’s end.

The combination of lyrics guaranteed to find their way into your memory by Magic!, Matoma’s electronic meets island beats and D.R.A.M.’s catchy rap verse make this song an instant summer classic for those longing to spend a weekend at a carefree music festival.

D.R.A.M will be playing at Lisner Auditorium April 23. Tickets are $30. “Girl at Coachella” was released March 10.

The Maine – “Bad Behavior”

After 10 years of rocking out together, The Maine released their seventh album titled “Lovely Little Lonely,” which features songs that stick to the band’s tried-and-true alternative meets pop sound.

“Bad Behavior” is a song about a girl that one of the five band members obsesses over but knows is a bad influence. Lead singer John O’Callaghan’s gritty yet upbeat vocals contrast with the song’s alternative sound that relies heavily on repeating guitar chords and the occasional drum beat to carry the melody.

At the end of each chorus and sprinkled throughout the verses, band members come in with the high pitch phrase, “yeah, yeah, yeah,” to carry the song and make it the perfect hit to turn up and sing along to this summer.

The Maine will be performing at 9:30 Club May 3. Tickets are $25. “Bad Behavior” was released January 19.

Trey Songz – “Nobody Else But You”

Trey Songz debuted as a rapper in 2005 with his album “I Gotta Make it” reaching the top 20 spot on Billboard album charts. Now on his seventh studio album, Songz uses this track to showcase his signature sound, slow and sensual rap tracks.

In “Nobody Else But You,” Songz details the struggle between wanting to be with his perfect girl and maintaining his party animal lifestyle: “I can’t even lie yeah you got me falling (fall)/ Even when I try and the game keep calling (calling my name).”

Songz is known for his sultry bedroom hits like “Neighbors Know My Name” and the danceable, yet sexy, “Say Aah,” but with “Nobody Else But You” Songz channels the modern rap scene with an overarching melody throughout the song and a sound that is reminiscent of Drake.

Trey Songz will perform at Warner Theatre May 14. Tickets start at $74. “TREMAINE THE ALBUM” was released March 24. The video for “Nobody Else But You” was released Feb. 16.