Woman arrested for unlawful entry after refusing to leave restroom

A woman was arrested for unlawful entry Thursday morning in Shenkman Hall after refusing to leave a restroom and cursing at a woman trying to clean it, according to a Metropolitan Police Department report.

Debbie Moore, 53, was arrested after sitting in the basement restroom for an hour and a half, according to a witness in the report. Moore will appear in the D.C. Superior Court on April 4 for a hearing, according to the court’s website.

At about 7:30 a.m., University Police Department officers Bengyella Doh and Joseph Sneddon were sent to Shenkman Hall responding to a report of a disorderly person in the women’s restroom on the basement level, according to the report.

The officers talked to the witness, who had attempted to clean the bathroom, and she told the officers that the subject had refused to leave the restroom. The officers then asked Moore for identification, and Moore replied that she did not have any, the report stated.

Moore then gave her name and date of birth to the officers, and a UPD dispatcher ran a subject check and determined that Moore had previously been barred from University property on Aug. 2, 2016, according to the report. Sneddon then arrested Moore at about 7:45 a.m. and MPD transported her to the Second District station, the report stated.