Signs promoting a ‘white nation’ found on campus

Signs characterizing undocumented citizens as “criminals” were found on campus and reported Sunday, The Washington Post reported Monday.

These kinds of signs promoting a “white nation” have appeared on several college campuses as part of a national effort for groups to reach out to college students, The Post reported. Officials at the University of Maryland and Georgetown University both found similar signs on those campuses the past week.

The signs, directed to “all white Americans,” urge people to report undocumented citizens, while encouraging white people to come together, according to The Post.

University spokeswoman Candace Smith said in an email that the University is aware of the posters and is removing them.

“GW Police are investigating to determine the identity of those who have defaced our property,” Smith said. “The language used in the fliers is offensive and is counter to our values as an open and inclusive community.”

She added that people with information about the postering should contact UPD.

Vanguard America, the group named on the posters, told The Post that they tried to make their mark at other schools in the area.

“We hope to raise awareness amongst college students regarding the problems facing the world today, and to advocate for a National Socialist solution to these problems,” the spokesperson told The Post.