Dish of the Week: Ice Cream Jubilee’s caramel popcorn ice cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream Jubilee. Ice Cream Jubilee has two sweet, little shops in D.C., one on the southeast waterfront and one right off U street. Both shops give District residents tasty frozen treats all year long.

Ice Cream Jubilee serves up a variety of ice cream and sorbet flavors, ranging from the classic bold vanilla to the boozy banana bourbon caramel to the adventurous coconut lychee lime. The shops change up the flavors with the seasons.

Ice Cream Jubilee aims to get local ingredients, so they source their all-natural milk and cream from a creamery only 50-miles from D.C. Most of their flavors are gluten and nut free.

One of the best flavors Ice Cream Jubilee is currently serving up is the caramel popcorn. This flavor tastes like salty yet sweet caramel corn you might find at a fair or a Nationals game. This flavor is perfect because it combines buttery popcorn and rich caramel with fresh cream.

This flavor also has streaks of caramel through it for an extra dash of sweetness, and it adds a nice thickness to the ice cream.

I suggest getting the caramel popcorn in a warm, homemade waffle cone. The cone will add the perfect crunch to this creamy ice cream. You’ll be dreaming of summertime as soon as you try this flavor.