Weekend outlook

Explore the secrets of D.C. politics, compete in a live version of Monopoly and celebrate celebrities in the District this weekend.

Friday

Presidential Scandals and Spies of Georgetown Tour

If you’ve always wanted to be immersed in the political drama of television shows like “Scandal,” this two-hour guided tour is an intriguing way to spend your Friday night. While walking from a mansion on 16th Street to the White House, your tour guide will tell you about little-known scandals, like potential reasons why the Russian ambassador residency always has its blinds shut, as well as dissect well-known theories, like the Lincoln assassination conspiracy.

Meet across from the Russian Embassy, 16th and M streets NW. 7 p.m. $20.

Saturday

Monopoly on the Mall

With unseasonably warm February weather, no one wants to play a game inside. Recreate the classic Monopoly board game in real life as you look for more than 100 “hidden community chest items” around the National Mall to collect points. Bring friends and receive a list of clues, instructions and challenges to collect the community chest items and buy properties – just like in the classic board game. The top teams receive special prizes, so be sure to bring your most competitive friends.

Ollie’s Trolley, 1620 I St. NW. 11:30 a.m. $20.

Beyby Shower

When Beyoncé announced she was pregnant with twins earlier this month, the Beyhive felt like their own families were growing. If you’re one of Queen Bey’s biggest fans, head to Tropicalia to celebrate the exciting news. This dance party, hosted by Patience Sings and Charity Joyce Blackwell, is a place to show off your dance moves for all the people celebrating the Carter crew.

Tropicalia, 2001 14th St. NW. 4 p.m. $10.

Sunday

And the Winner is… DC Film Society’s 25th Annual Party

Hundreds of actors and actresses will be soon travel to Hollywood for the 89th Academy Awards. For those of us who are a cross-country flight away from the red carpet, take a trip to South Arlington to watch your favorite Oscar nominees on a big screen. Local film critics Tim Gordon and Travis Hopson will host the event, which will include a contest to predict the winners of each category. Posters, DVDs and other merchandise signed by famous actors and directors will be up for grabs in a silent auction. There will also be various door prizes, giveaways and trivia contests throughout the night.

Arlington Cinema ‘N’ Drafthouse, 2903 Columbia Pike, Arlington, Va. 7 p.m. $20