&pizza opens 20th shop in Hotel Hive

Updated: Jan. 19, 2016 at 12:49 p.m.

Everyone’s favorite oblong pizza shop is opening its 20th location on campus Thursday, according to a release Wednesday. 

An &pizza location will open at the new micro-hotel, Hotel Hive, on 23rd and F streets. This location will introduce a line of breakfast pizzas and a full bar, according to the release.

“Serving as the standalone food and beverage partner to a unique property like Hotel Hive gives &pizza the opportunity to showcase our creativity while being a part of bigger innovation to drive D.C. tourism,” Michael Lastoria, the co-founder and chief executive officer of &pizza, said in the release.

Customers can order from the breakfast menu, which includes avocado toast and cinnamon toast pizza flavors, every morning from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. They’ll also have their regular menu, which has pizza favorites like the Gnarlic and the Farmer’s Daughter.

The &bar will be open during regular business and will serve coffee, JRINK cold-pressed juices and local beers and spirits – all for less than $10.

&pizza boasts of being more than a pizza shop, so &CHARITY, the shop’s localized charity arm, is gifting GW Alternative Breaks with one pizza for every pizza sold during opening weekend, according to the release. 

A bonus? The first five customers Thursday will receive not only a year’s worth of free pie, but the chance to mark their loyalty to &pizza permanently with a free ampersand tattoo. The first 200 customers will receive a free pizza, but no ink.