Crêpe shop to fill GDub Java location in Duques Hall

duques_file
Officials expect Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes to fill GDub Java’s old spot in Duques Hall by January. Hatchet File Photo.

Crepeaway is going to have some on-campus competition.

Point Café and Crêpes will replace GDub Java’s former space on the ground floor of Duques Hall in January, the University announced Monday.

The crêpe shop, which already has two locations in D.C., will offer students sweet and savory crêpes, paninis, coffee, tea, European sodas and gelato, according to a release. Workers began construction in the space last week.

Students will be able to use GWorld at the location and purchases in the shop will count toward Dining Cash.

Officials expect Wiseguy NY Pizza and Beef’n’Bread to open for limited hours in the next weeks in the lower levels of District House, according to the same release.The other incoming vendors for the building – Chick-fil-A, GRK Fresh Greek and Sol Mexican Grill – do not have a set opening date but are still expected to open in the next couple months.

GW will continue to offer “District Days” on weekdays between noon to 2 p.m., where students can buy meals from GRK Fresh and Sol Mexican Grill until the vendors in the building officially open. And students can now purchase meals at set $6, $8 or $10 prices through some of the dining partners that accept dining dollars.