$4.8 million gift to fund business school professorship

Linda Livingstone, business school dean, said that a $4.8 million gift to fund a new professorship will enhance the future scholarship of the school. Hatchet file photo.

A $4.8 million gift will fund a new professorship in the business school, the University announced Monday.

The release did not say who the donor was or what kind of professorship it will fund, but did state that the gift is a bequest from the donor’s estate.

Linda Livingstone, dean of the business school, said in the release that she is grateful for the generous gift and the impact it will have on the business school’s future.

“This endowed professorship will provide our outstanding faculty with significant resources as we continue to grow the body of meaningful scholarship and teaching excellence conducted at the GW School of Business,” Livingstone said in the release.

The gift will count toward the $1 billion fundraising campaign, which officials said earlier this year will meet its goal one year ahead of schedule. The release stated that more than 20 new endowed professorships have been established during the course of the campaign.