Sanders to discuss new book at Lisner next month

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. will be on campus next month to talk about his new book, “Our Revolution,” the University announced Monday.

Sanders will discuss his memoir which will feature his experience running for president this year and detail how he will continue to fight for a more equitable country, according to the release. He will be in Lisner Auditorium at 7 p.m. Nov. 16, the day after his book is scheduled to be released.

Students can purchase tickets to the event for $10 at the Lisner box office, which does not include a copy of Sanders’ book. Students will be able to also buy copies of his book at the event, and a limited number of ticket holders will receive a signed copy of the book from Sanders, according to the release.

The day before Sanders’s appearance, the University will also host Washington Post reporter Wesley Lowery to discuss his book, “They Can’t Kill Us All: Ferguson, Baltimore, and a New Era in America’s Racial Justice Movement,” on Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. in the Jack Morton Auditorium.

As one of the most prominent reporters covering the Black Lives Matter movement, Lowery recounts his coverage of fatal police shootings of black males in the book. He was a member of The Post team that won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting for their work on police shootings.

Students can buy tickets for the conversation with Lowery for $5 online.