Take this quiz to find out which museum you should visit with your parents

Zach Slotkin | Design Editor and Mary Anne Porto | Hatchet Designer

One of your outings during Colonials Weekend is sure to be a trip to one of the many museums located on the National Mall. With so many options, you don’t want to waste your time at one that you and your family won’t enjoy. Take this quiz to find out which experience will best match your interests.

Smithsonian National Museum of American History
Your parents will love tagging along on this museum trip to a D.C. staple. You probably visited the museum on your eighth grade trip to the District, but now that you are a college student, you surely have some new historical knowledge you can show off to your family as you check out the exhibits.

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

Whether you’re a SEAS student or you have younger siblings visiting this weekend, the National Air and Space Museum is the perfect place to add to your parents weekend agenda. The larger-than-life exhibits will keep your entire clan entertained, even if none of you are science lovers. Plus with 23 exhibits to explore, you can avoid a lot of questions about your grades or your love life by wandering this museum for hours.

Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery
Trying to keep a diverse audience excited this weekend? The National Portrait Gallery is the perfect place to take your whole family. This museum, which sits slightly back from the National Mall, is a somewhat hidden gem. The presidential portraits will appeal to the history buffs in your family, and the pop culture portraits will entertain your siblings. The best feature the Portrait Gallery offers is a large atrium in the middle of the museum where you can sneak away for a few peaceful moments and even enjoy a snack from the cafe there.

National Museum of African American History and Culture

Let’s face it, living in D.C. makes you pretty trendy. That means you can’t miss the opportunity to bring your parents along to the newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture. The newest exhibits will be the perfect opportunity for you to show off on Instagram, and your parents will be impressed if you can score passes to the museum for their visit. But beware, timed passes are available each morning starting at 9:15 a.m. and they are highly coveted, so be sure to set your alarm.