Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Paige Childs.

It’s the first weekend in the District that really feels like fall. Enjoy the crisper weather with art, live music and, of course, good food.

Friday

First Friday Dupont

At this longstanding Dupont Circle tradition on the first Friday of every month, you can wander into various modern and contemporary art galleries along Connecticut Avenue and P Street. Grab some comfort food while you’re in the area at Politics & Prose’s cafe, The Den.

Dupont Circle. 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Free.

Saturday

All Things Go Fall Classic

Savor one last outdoor music festival before the weather gets too cold. The third annual All Things Go Fall Classic is happening at Yards Park this Saturday. Catch headliners Passion Pit, Empire of the Sun and Sylvan Esso, as well as some up-and-comers like Ace Cosgrove.

355 Water St. SE. 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. $75 – prices increase day-of.

Sunday

Taste of D.C.

Last weekend you got a little taste of Georgetown, but now you can get a taste of the entire District. Taste of D.C. is the city’s largest food, beer and wine festival. Choose from more than 60 restaurants, taking a bite here and there for only $1-$3 per sample. Select menu favorites will be available for $8 or less. Wash everything down by stopping at one of the many beverage stations, which offer nonalcoholic drinks, or take a stroll through the Bier Garten and Wine Walk. Live performances will accompany the cuisine all day long. If you’re lucky, you might catch the D.C. Bhangra Crew – a group formed by GW students in 2008.

7th St. NW and Pennsylvania Av. NW. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. $20-$80.