Weekend Outlook

A weekend of residential sculptures and fountains, of beer and drag kings – not queens – is in your future. Check out what the District has to offer this weekend.

Friday

Turf and Terrain Twilight Tour

Every other year, Arts in Foggy Bottom places unique, contemporary sculptures in the front gardens of private Foggy Bottom homes as part of an outdoor exhibition. Take a free tour of the sculptures led by the curator and, for the 21+ crowd, enjoy a wine happy hour following the tour.

River Inn, 924 25th N.W. 7 p.m. Free admission.

Saturday

District Oktoberfest

Kick off your Oktoberfest in September with D.C.’s official District Beerathon in Chinatown. Purchasing a booze pass for the afternoon will net you a 12 oz. serving of special Oktoberfest beer at each of the six participating bars, including old favorites like Penn Social, Fado and Rocket Bar. Abita, Leinenkugel, Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Spatel and Blue Moon are the featured beers of the night.

Various bars in Chinatown. Noon and 3 p.m. $50.

Sunday

#PrettyBoiHigh

Tired of the drag queens at Nellie’s and Cobalt? Mix it up at Pretty Boi Drag kings: They’re presenting their own Back to School party at a themed Pretty Boi High night.

“Principal” Chris Jay will be chaperoning the party and the faculty, which will consist of DJ Tezrah and some of D.C.’s other well-known drag kings. Win prizes, such as tickets to Pretty Boi’s next events, and dance your heart out at Bier Baron for one night only.

Bier Baron Tavern, 1523 22nd St. NW. 2 p.m. $20.