Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Catherine Moran.

Dog lovers, Harry Potter fans and music enthusiasts are in for treats this weekend full of magic, puppies and alternative concert dining.

Friday

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

Enjoy a magical night watching the first Harry Potter movie while the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performs the entire soundtrack along with the movie. You’ll feel like you’re a student at Hogwarts in the Mansion at Strathmore’s enchanting wood-panelled music center. The venue is a 10-minute walk from the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro station.

10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD. 8 p.m. $35.

Saturday

Woofstock

Dog lovers should “paws” any Saturday plans for Woofstock, a day filled with furry four-legged friends. Humans can enjoy the barbecue and dessert food trucks and music by Party Like It’s … and DJ Deviir. No pet is required, but pet photography by award-winning pooch photographer Melissa McDaniels and canine treats by Spoil Me Rotten Biscuits are available for dog owners. The D.C. Pavilion is a 15-minute walk from the Gallaudet Metro station.

1399 Fifth St. NE. 3 p.m. $5.

Good Old War

Head over to the luxurious W Hotel by the White House for a rooftop performance by indie folk band Good Old War. You can book a table in the sleek and shiny POV Lounge for the performance. Get ready by listening to their upbeat single released in April “Never Gonna See Me Cry” from their 2015 album “Broken Into Better Shape.”

515 15th St. 7 p.m. Free.

Sunday

Marcus Johnson

Enjoy a jazz brunch to smooth music by contemporary jazz pianist Marcus Johnson at The Howard Theatre. The Georgetown alumnus is a triple threat as a Billboard-charting musician, entrepreneur and teacher. He has released more than a dozen albums over the past 20 years. Johnson combines jazz with rhythmic elements from rap and hip hop.

620 T St. 1:30 p.m. $20.

Better Than Ezra

Party like it’s the 1990’s with the the alternative rock trio Better Than Ezra. Known for their 1995 hit single “Good,” the New Orleans-based band has a soothing classic rock sound. Check out their most recent album “All Together Now,” and the catchy rock-meets-pop lead single “Crazy Love.”

9:30 Club. 815 V St. 7 p.m. $30.