Weekend Outlook

This weekend is all about the music. Celebrate the arts with National Dance Day at the Kennedy Center and a Billy Joel concert. Venture outside the District for more performances.

Friday
Rosslyn Cinema Outdoor Movie Festival

If you’ve ever wanted to lie on a blanket underneath the stars while watching a classic film, now is your chance. The Rosslyn Cinema Outdoor Movie Festival is showing “Top Gun” for free, but bring some cash if you want to get snacks from the nearby barbecue and tapas food trucks. You can either take the Metro one stop west of the Foggy Bottom station or walk across Key Bridge to the park.

Gateway Park. 1300 Lee Hwy., Rosslyn, Va. Dusk. Free.

Cirque du Soleil

Marvel at Cirque du Soleil’s “Kurios: Cabinet of Curiosities.” Become mystified and entangled in the story of an inventor who distorts perspectives and turns the world upside down. A 25-minute bus ride from campus will get you close to the venue.

The Grand Chapiteau. 8025 Galleria Dr., Tysons, Va. 4 p.m. $39.

Saturday

National Dance Day

So you think you can dance? Try out your moves to live music and interactive dance lessons at The Kennedy Center. Get your feet ready for a free afternoon and evening celebration of National Dance Day with outdoor performances, including a special demonstration by one-legged tap dancer Evan Ruggiero.

The Kennedy Center. 2700 F St. 1 p.m. Free.

Billy Joel

Sing along to Billy Joel’s hits from the 70’s and 80’s at this weekend’s performance. The “Piano Man” returns to Nationals Park as the first artist to play at the venue three times. Refresh your memory with the lyrics to his famous soft rock songs like “Uptown Girl” and “We Didn’t Start the Fire.”

Nationals Park. 500 S. Capitol St. SE. 8 p.m. $54.50.

Sunday

DJ Diaspora

Participate in the last day of the celebration of avant garde art at the Capital Fringe Festival. This Sunday, listen to the eclectic sound of DJ Diaspora who mixes together Afrobeat, house, techno, jazz and dancehall styles.

Fringe Arts Bar. 1358 Florida Ave. NE. 1 p.m. Free.