Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet staff writer Max McCrory.

“Pokemon Go” has taken over our lives and our Twitter timelines. Whether or not you’re spending your weekend catching ’em all, here are events to check out around the city – Pokemon not guaranteed.

Friday

Capital Fringe Festival

The Capital Fringe Festival continues this weekend with a mix of independent musicians, artists and playwrights showcasing their art in various locations around the District. This Friday, catch some of the unique plays and musicals, including “The Human Algorithm,” “Once Upon a Bedtime” and “Adolescence 2.0.” Check out the Fringe Arts Bar and food trucks while you’re there.

Go to www.capitalfringe.org for information on performance locations. $24.

Saturday

Art in the Park (ing Lot)

Every Saturday in July, become a part of community art projects through “Art in the Park (ing Lot).” This weekend you can participate in a mural project with artists who are beautifying a parking lot in Brentwood.

1301 Rhode Island Ave. NE. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Free admission.

Petworth Park Summer Jam: Part Two

The Petworth Jazz Project is hosting this free, music-filled event, which includes artists like Sam Burns, Sol Power All-Stars/Sol Power Sound, Juan Zapata and Chris Nitti.

Petworth Recreation Center, 801 Taylor St. NW. 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Free admission.

Sunday

Georgetown Flea Market

Looking for the perfect accent for your dorm room or apartment? The Georgetown Flea Market is filled with art, rugs, furniture, pottery, jewelry and books. Everyone is bound to find something they can’t live without at this free event. Enjoy food from local vendors while you shop till you drop.

1819 35th St. NW. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission.