Former GW Hospital nurse found guilty of sexually abusing three patients

A former GW Hospital nurse was found guilty of three counts of sexually abusing female patients at three D.C. hospitals, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

Jurors in the D.C. Superior Court found Jared Kline, 38, guilty of abusing three female patients while they were not fully conscious because of medication and pain. Kline allegedly committed the crimes while he was a nurse at GW Hospital, Medstar Washington Hospital Center and United Medical Center between 2013 and 2014.

The patients accused Kline of inappropriately touching them while he was performing his nurse duties. One woman said Kline kissed her and massaged her under her hospital gown while she was a patient at United Medical Center. Another woman said Kline touched her buttocks and placed her hand on his erect penis when she was in a hospital for a migraine, according to The Washington Post.

Kline’s attorney, Nikki Lotze, said in court that the actions Kline is being accused of were accidental. Kline said in the past that the women mistakenly thought he was aroused because he is “well-endowed” and a “pretty lucky white guy.”

The jury acquitted Kline of three of the counts and rebuffed some of the women’s accusations, according to The Post. They could not reach a decision on four of the counts.

Kline could face a maximum two to five years in prison for each of the women he allegedly abused. He will have another court hearing June 28 to determine whether or not he should be tried on the four counts that the jury couldn’t reach a decision on, The Post reported.

The jury acquitted Kline on three accusations against him and were not able to come to a decision on another four counts, The Post reported. Earlier this year, Kline was acquitted from sexual abuse charges in Prince George’s County for alleged sexual abuses at Bowie Health Center in 2014, according to The Post.