Crime log

Assault

Off Campus
4/12/2016 – 11 p.m.
Case closed

A female student reported that her roommate, also a female student, had pushed her during an altercation. The Arlington County Police Department responded but did not take a report.

– Referred to Title IX

Liquor Law Violation

Gelman Library
4/13/2016 – 3:35 a.m.
Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a report of students drinking alcohol in a study room. One male student admitted to bringing the alcohol, which was disposed of on scene.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Lewd and Indecent Acts

Off Campus
4/13/2016 – 8:50 a.m.
Case closed

UPD officers observed an individual at the intersection of 24th and H streets fully disrobed. Metropolitan Police Department officers arrived and determined the male subject was in an altered state of mind. D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services also responded and transported the individual to GW Hospital.

– No further action

Attempted Burglary

Duques Hall
4/14/2016 – Unknown Time
Case closed

A staff member reported to UPD that she observed pry marks on her office door when she had arrived for work the next morning. The staff member recalled securing her door the previous night.

– No suspects or witnesses

Drug Law Violation

Mitchell Hall
4/16/2016 – 12:47 a.m.
Case closed

UPD officers responded to the report of students on the Mitchell Hall roof. Officers detected the odor of marijuana, and a student admitted to smoking marijuana.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Destroying/Defacing Structures

Amsterdam Hall
4/17/2016 – Unknown Time
Open case

UPD officers responded to the report of damaged ceiling tiles.

– Ongoing investigation

Assault on Police Officer

Guthridge Hall
4/17/2016 – 9 p.m.
Case closed

A student reported to UPD Officers that an individual was yelling from a 5th floor window. Officers determined the room which the student was yelling from, and upon entering the room, a male student approached the officers in an aggressive manner. The male student disobeyed orders given to him and struck an officer with a closed fist. EMeRG responded and transported the male student to GW Hospital because of injuries he suffered from shattering lamps in his room with his hands. UPD arrested the individual at GW Hospital and MPD transported the individual to the Second District Police Station.

– Subject arrested

Drug and Liquor Law Violation

Guthridge Hall
4/18/2016 – 11:15 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded for an administrative search of the room where an incident had occurred the previous night. The search yielded drugs, paraphernalia and alcohol. The subject had already been arrested previously for an APO.

– Referred for disciplinary action

– Compiled by Sam Eppler