UPD arrests three barred individuals this month

Three unaffiliated individuals were arrested by the University Police Department this month for returning to campus after previously being barred.

On March 19, UPD officer Joseph Snedden responded to the food court area of Shenkman Hall after a “caller reported an intoxicated female yelling and being disorderly in the area,” according to an arrest report from the Metropolitan Police Department.

The female ran into the bathroom after Snedden arrived. He then “heard yelling and screaming from the restroom.” After she left the bathroom, the officer took her information and checked to determine that the woman had been barred from GW. She was arrested at about 2:45 p.m., according to the document.

The woman “had a large laceration from an injury she sustained while walking up steps at the homeless shelter,” according to the report. She was then transported to Georgetown University Hospital and then to the Second District station for processing.

Two days before, another individual was arrested shortly after 2 a.m. on the fourth floor of Funger Hall, according to MPD records. He was arrested for unlawful entry and for violating a barring notice. When he was being processed, the officers determined he “had an open warrant for failure to appear,” the document shows.

On March 13, an individual contacted UPD at around 3:45 p.m. to report a person who had been barred from campus but was in the Shenkman Hall food court. UPD Officer Ryan Weiskopf responded to the food court and found the person “pacing back and forth on the premises,” according to the document.

Weiskopf confirmed the person had been barred, handcuffed the person and then transported him to the Second District police station for processing, according to the report.

Rohan Shah contributed reporting.