A day in music

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Callan Tansill-Suddath.

Add these songs to your daily playlist.

Rise n’ Shine

“All That’s Left”
Manila Killa (ft. Joni Fatora)

D.C.-based Manila Killa in no rookie to the EDM scene. With a resume that features sets during the 2015 dates of Firefly music festival and Las Vegas’ Electric Daisy Carnival, the college student has taken the electronic music world by storm.

Since his rise to prominence, fans have been anxiously anticipating the release of his debut single. The track, which dropped last month, exceeds expectations. With its airy vocals, dreamy lyrics and smooth beat, Manila Killa’s first release is impressive and a perfect morning song to make the walk to your 9:35 a little more pleasant.

Afternoon Anthems

“Jamz”
Sales

Blissful and whimsical, “Jamz” is the newest single from Florida indie-pop duo Sales. Paired with lead singer Lauren Morgan’s girlish vocals, the track utilizes minimalist percussion and simple guitar riffs to create a mellow, serene sound that will have you envisioning yourself on a beach in the group’s home state instead of a rainy February in D.C. It’s never too early to prepare for spring break, right? Sales is set to release their first full-length album on April 20.

Turn up…

“Waves”
Kanye West (ft. Chris Brown)

From Kanye’s highly anticipated and repeatedly renamed “The Life of Pablo,” “Waves” is a risque track with a catchy, repetitive beat and exceptional vocals from both West and Chris Brown. With noticeable similarities to “Black Skinhead,” from West’s last album and to his 2008 song “Love Lockdown,” “Waves” is one of the strongest tracks on “Pablo.”

“The Life of Pablo” is now available for streaming through Tidal.

…And Turn Down

“Modern Soul”
James Blake

Soulful British powerhouse James Blake did not disappoint with his first release since the 2014 EP “200 Press.” In true Blake style, the track’s combination of romantic lyrics with his sensual, ethereal vocals, haunting synthesizer and simple piano chords make for a perfect evening song to help you unwind. Blake’s third full-length album “Radio Silence” is due to be released sometime this year and is set to feature collaborations with artists like Bon Iver (with whom he released “Fall Creek Boys Choir” in 2011) and Kanye West.

http://soundcloud.com/byjamesblake/modern-soul