Weekend Outlook

This post was written by Hatchet Reporter Dana Pilotti.

Yes we’re back to two-day weekends from now on, but that doesn’t mean you can’t cram in plenty of fun activities.

Friday

Amber Tamblyn: “Dark Sparkler”

Join actress, writer and poet Amber Tamblyn for a talk about her third and newest poetry book, “Dark Sparkler.” The poems delve into acting, the film industry and the toll both can take on the lives of young women. (You may know Tamblyn from her role as Tibby in “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”).

Busboys and Poets Brookland. 625 Monroe St. NE. 6:30 p.m.

An Evening of humorous readings

Head over to DC9 for D.C.’s “most humorous and most reading-centric” night. Humor writer Brian Agler hosts the event, which features Molly Woods Murchie of the Washington Improv Theater and Robert Hershorn of the comedy website McSweeney’s, among others.

DC9 Nightclub. 1940 9th St. NW. Doors at 6:30 p.m. $10.

Saturday

The Largest Cure/Smiths Dance Party

If you’re in the mood for some chill rock vibes, you’re in luck. Black Cat invites you to CryFest, The Cure vs. The Smiths dance party otherwise known as the Crybaby Championship of the World. The show features DJs Steve EP, Killa K, Krasty McNast and DJ Missguided.

Black Cat. 1811 14th St. NW. Doors at 9:30 p.m. $10

Sunday

Ramen World 2

Noodle lovers, rejoice. This culinary experience highlights popular chefs and restaurants from around the area who want to share their recipes with you. Ramen World co-founder Erik Bruner-Yang, will be there, fresh off the successful launch of his restaurant Maketto. If ramen isn’t your thing, look forward to savory dishes from PhoWheels and Thip Khao. The event is 21+.

Mess Hall. 703 Edgewood St. NE. Round 1: Noon – 2 p.m. Round 2: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. $65-$105.