Thank you for your support in 2015

It has been a busy year at The Hatchet. We were there when the provost and counseling director stepped down. We’ve followed the major successes of the men’s basketball team, and we’ve watched national conversations about race play out at GW. Our editorial board has weighed in on big issues too – from Bill Cosby’s controversial honorary degree to campus shootings.

All of our hard work is paying off. Over the summer, Washingtonian Magazine named us the city’s best college paper. And for the third year in a row, we earned an Associated College Press Newspaper Pacemaker award, the highest honor in college media. More than 1.2 million people have read our work this year alone, from all corners of the country (and the world).

We’ve provided high-quality coverage of GW and D.C. for more than 100 years, training hundreds of young journalists along the way. But it certainly hasn’t been easy. As an entirely independent, nonprofit organization, we receive no funding from GW and rely on advertising revenue on people like you.

So that’s where you can come in. If you care about the community we cover and believe in the award-winning work we do, please consider making a donation to support our efforts. Your tax-deductible donation will help keep our doors open in 2016 and beyond.

Most importantly, thanks for reading. We couldn’t do what we do without you. From all of us at The Hatchet, happy holidays! We’ll see you in 2016.