Grab something for the friend who’s caught up on everything at the NPR giftshop

Media Credit: Ellie Smith | Hatchet Staff Photographer
The NPR gift shop sells smart gifts for your friend that loves crosswords, podcasts and history.

If you’re looking for gifts for that friend who is always quoting the latest Washington Post article, raving about the new book that just came out or listening to the cool new artists, then head over to the NPR gift shop (located near the NoMa Metro station) to find stuff for him or her. The store is filled with people who are discussing the latest New York Times bestseller and the latest coffee blend they’ve just tried.

American Chronicles: Women’s Equality CD ‒ $24.95 .
This CD has NPR pieces that explore the women’s movement and the fight for equality. It’ll be perfect for your friend to listen to in the car while he or she cruises toward the new pop-up movie theater showing the latest indie flick. It’ll also help out the next time he or she is sitting with friends discussing the ins and outs of feminism (which I’m sure happens very often).

The New York Times: Crosswords for your Commute ‒ $12.00
This book has 150 crosswords featured in The New York Times that can all be completed during your friend’s ride from GW to their dream internship at NPR. It’s filled with news and pop culture references alike, so your friend will be to complete it in the same amount of time as listening to an episode of This American Life.

Let’s Color America ‒ $20.00
This pack is filled with coloring pages depicting well-known U.S. landmarks and figures, such as the Liberty Bell and our old pal George Washington. It’s printed on recycled paper with vegetable ink, so your friend won’t feel guilty about putting their trash in the wrong bin at Whole Foods. Coloring brings out your inner kid and helps stimulate the brain, something your friend probably just read about in The New York Times.