Crime log

Liquor Law Violation

Shenkman Hall
11/10/15 – 10:30 p.m.
Case closed

University Police Department officers responded to a noise complaint and observed alcohol in plain view in the room. The room’s occupants were assessed, released and the alcohol was disposed of.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Simple Assault

Off campus
11/5/15 – 6:28 p.m.
Case closed

A female and a male student reported they were assaulted at an off-campus location. The female subject was arrested by the Metropolitan Police Department.

– Subject arrested

Burglary

Dakota Hall
11/12/15 – 7 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Case closed

A female student reported to UPD that her laptop and cash were taken from the common area of her room while she was sleeping in her bed.

– No suspects or witnesses

Unlawful Entry

Kogan Plaza
11/14/15 – 1:55 p.m.
Closed case

UPD responded to a complaint of a suspicious person yelling at students. Officers made contact with the subject, who was unaffiliated with the University and known to the officers from being previously barred.

– Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct/ Liquor Law Violation

Potomac House
11/15/15 – 4:03 a.m.
Case closed

GW responded to a complaint of a male student banging on doors. The subject was found to be intoxicated and was transported by EMeRG to GW Hospital.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Fraud

Off campus
11/12/15 – Unknown time
Closed case

A staff member admitted to taking money orders, which were given to him as payment for a program of which he was the administrator. Human Resources was notified and was already working with the subject on restitution. The staff member is currently on administrative leave.

– Referred to department

Voyeurism

Science and Engineering Hall
11/16/15 – 2:52 p.m.
Open case

A female student told UPD officers that she saw a man peering over a bathroom stall that she was in.

– Open case

– Compiled by Robin Eberhardt.