Weekend Outlook: Three days to get out of your comfort zone

This post was written by Hatchet reporter Isobel Mohyeddin.

This weekend, don’t miss your opportunity to sample new food, get out of the District and hear some unique tunes.

Friday

Sinatra at 100 Exhibit
Start off your weekend with some jazz. In honor of the legend’s 100th birthday, the American History Museum is opening an exhibit of Frank Sinatra’s life and career entitled “Frank Sinatra at 100.” The display pays tribute to Sinatra’s contribution to the American music industry by showcasing iconic items and portrait photography highlighting the iconic singer’s achievements in jazz, pop, as well as his film career.

14th St and Constitution Ave, NW 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Admission is free to the public.

Saturday

Montgomery County Thanksgiving Parade
Get excited for Thanksgiving early with the Silver Spring Thanksgiving Parade this Saturday. Travel out to Silver Spring, Md. this weekend to catch a parade full of massive balloons, floats and other marching groups (including the Washington Redskins Marching Band) in support of the Silver Spring Arts & Entertainment District.

Begins in downtown Silver Spring, Md. at Ellsworth Drive and Veterans Place at 10 a.m.

Sunday

U Street & Shaw Neighborhood Food Tour
Finish off the weekend with a trip around some of D.C.’s coolest areas. This culinary tour will take you through the neighborhood of U Street and Shaw. Along the way, you’ll learn about the culture and the history of the area all while sampling some of the local food.

Tour begins at 11:30 a.m. across from U Street Metro Station, exact address given at time of ticket purchase. Tickets range from $68 to $89.

Macy Gray
The five-time Grammy nominee is known for her raspy vocals reminiscent of Billie Holiday. On hits like “I Try,” Gray mixes R&B, soul and pop. Her latest album “The Way” features uplifting tracks about female independence and overcoming drug addiction.

The Howard Theater. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $29 to $35.