Joe Biden and Walter Mondale to speak on campus next week

Vice President Joe Biden spoke on campus last April. File photo by Katie Causey | Hatchet Photographer

Updated: Oct. 16, 2015 at 3:47 p.m.

Vice President Joe Biden and former Vice President Walter Mondale will visit GW on Tuesday, according to a University release.

They will join 11 other speakers, including politicians and a Pulitzer prize-winning author to discuss Mondale’s legacy as the U.S.’s 42nd vice president. The day-long event will take place in the Jack Morton Auditorium starting at 9 a.m.

Mondale currently teaches at the University of Minnesota’s Humphrey School of Public Affairs, which is co-hosting the event with the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration. He will speak on all seven panels held on Tuesday.

The forum, which ends at 3:15 p.m., will be followed by a dinner held at the Four Seasons Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue. President Jimmy Carter will speak at the dinner.

Biden most recently came to campus last April to give a speech on economic policy.

This post was updated to reflect the following correction:
The Hatchet incorrectly reported that Jimmy Carter will speak on campus on Tuesday. He will only be speaking at an off-campus event in the evening.