Order a slice of New York at Wiseguy Pizza

Kiana Robertson | Hatchet Photographer
Kiana Robertson | Hatchet Photographer

New York and New Jersey natives in D.C. are too familiar with the struggle to find an authentic pizzeria in the District. At Wiseguy NY Pizza, you can have delicious, authentic pizza at a great price.

Less than 15 minutes from Foggy Bottom on Massachusetts Avenue, Wiseguy is a small slice of New York. An old-school record player will drop you into the 1950s and a constant loop of Frank Sinatra creates a tranquil atmosphere.

Serving drinks like cream soda and root beer in glass bottles, Wiseguy accompanies its classic aura with classic pizza. At about $4, each slice is made from an enormous 20-inch pie. The NY Supreme ‒ with tomato sauce, grande mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, green peppers and onions – combines top-notch NY meat with fresh, local vegetables. The Godfather – with tomato sauce, grande mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, ham and bacon – is a favorite of the restaurant’s regulars.

Other specialties include the Mushroom Truffle, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Honey BBQ. The restaurant’s classics, like the Margherita and the Cheese, are just as appetizing. In addition, Wiseguy gives its customers the opportunity to create their own custom pizza. All full pies are priced at $26, but the size and flavor match up to the high price.

For those that don’t want pizza, Wiseguy also serves a variety of other dishes, like garlic knots for $3 to $5 and salads for about $6. End your trip to the Big Apple with a slice of cheesecake for $7.

Although Wiseguy pizza isn’t a perfect reproduction of a classic New York-style pizza, it can certainly satisfy a nostalgic native.