Concerts your parents will actually like

Charlie Lee | Hatchet Staff Photographer

A major perk of being a GW student – or being a parent to one – is access to the plethora of artists that regularly visit the city. So, if you weren’t able to snag Jon Stewart tickets, or you’re looking to fill a spare evening with melodic experiences for all generations, look no further.

Roger Waters at DAR Constitution Hall on Friday, Oct. 16
Pink Floyd might not reunite anytime soon, but your parents can still get their classic rock fix when Waters, the band’s bassist and vocalist, comes to D.C. As part of the Music Heals concert to benefit wounded veterans, the “Comfortably Numb” and “Wish You Were Here” singer will be joined by Sheryl Crow and The Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan. Tickets start at about $90.

The Capitol Steps at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center on Friday, Oct. 16
The Capitol Steps offers Jon Stewart-esque political satire, at a much lower price. The group is made up of six former Senate staffers who now satirize their former employer. This non-partisan show includes singing and dancing and takes no pity: Democrats and Republicans alike are the butt of jokes. I don’t want to spoil anything but the “Lirty Dies” segment is a personal favorite and will have you rolling on the floor laughing. Tickets cost about $47.

Leon Bridges at 9:30 Club on Friday, Oct. 16
Bridges may only be 26, but the soul and gospel singer’s smooth sound is reminiscent of 1950s and 1960s blues – The Wall Street Journal has compared him to artists Sam Cooke and Otis Redding. You might have heard his song “Coming Home” on an Apple commercial for the iPhone 6. Tickets cost about $60.