Two decades of the Million Man March

Saturday marked the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, which the Nation of Islam first organized in 1995. This year’s rally titled, “Justice or Else” highlighted a broader range of issues faced by minority groups in America today.

The National Mall was packed with thousands of people. Paige James | Hatchet Photographer

Annie Cleopatra stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, one of the many social justice movements represented at the event. Olivia Anderson | Hatchet Photographer

Members of the Black Panthers, a revolutionary black nationalist organization, were present at the event. Olivia Anderson | Hatchet Photographer

Protestors stomp on the Confederate Flag. Olivia Anderson | Hatchet Photographer

Henoss Taddesse raises his fist in support of organizers around him. Olivia Anderson | Hatchet Photographer
Henoss Taddesse raises his fist in support of speaker Attorney Benjamin Crump. Olivia Anderson | Hatchet Photographer

The rally was focused on police brutality, as well as the rights of minority groups like Latinos and Native Americans. Paige James | Hatchet Photographer

Protesters like Monica Green demanded attention from passerby regarding issues like police brutality. Madeleine Cook | Hatchet Photographer

The rally spread down to 17th Street. Madeleine Cook | Hatchet Photographer