Join The Hatchet – applications open September 7

Want to work for D.C.’s best college newspaper?

We are hiring in every section and no experience is necessary. Whether you want to keep our paper successful as part of our student-run business team or design graphics for our front page, we have a spot for you.

Reporters on our award-winning news team cover stories like the hiring and departure of top administrators, local elections and crime in the city and on campus. Our culture writers get creative and sometimes head to spots with lots of cats. Opinions writers share perspectives on topics ranging from studying abroad to GW’s fundraising campaign. Last year, our sports editor covered the men’s basketball team in Hawaii.

If you want to show off your creative chops, join our Pacemaker-nominated video team, shoot for our photo section, draw editorial cartoons or help us design and lay out our paper.

We’re also seeking talented web developers with skills in WordPress and PHP.

Working at The Hatchet will give you the skills you need to work in a fast-paced environment in journalism, or dozens of other fields. Hatchet alumni now work at top-notch media organizations like Forbes, POLITICO and the Washington Post. Hatchet web staff work at organizations like WordPress and Time. At The Hatchet, we also connect you to dozens of professional journalists who can offer you advice and connections to jobs or internships.

Come to our open house on Sunday, Sept. 6 at 12 p.m. in our townhouse at 2148 F St. Our application is open from September 7 to September 14. Questions? Email us: [email protected]