GW holds on to most politically active campus title for third straight year

Mid-campus motorcades and internships on the Hill have paid off for GW students again, as the University was named the most politically active campus in the nation by the Princeton Review for the third year in a row.

This year Georgetown and American Universities fell off the top 20 list after being ranked No. 9 and 10, respectively, last year. Vassar College and the United States Military Academy rounded out the top three this year.

President Barack Obama Stephen Colbert was interviewed during one of the final tapings of the Colbert Report, held in Lisner Auditorium last year. The Princeton Review named GW the most politically active campus for the third straight year on Monday. Sam Hardgrove | Hatchet Staff Photographer
This year GW hosted a number of political figures on campus, including Supreme Court justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Antonin Scalia and a taping of the Colbert Report featuring President Barack Obama, which could have helped secure the top spot for most politically active campus.

The University also came in second for “College City Gets High Marks,” beat out for the top spot by Tulane University in New Orleans. No other universities in D.C. landed on this list.

Based on students’ ratings of dorm comfort, GW inched up one spot to No. 11 on a list of best dorms. In an overall review of the University, the Princeton Review reported that some students called the “dorms like palaces,” even after social media criticized housing conditions a couple of years ago.

GW also slid in the rankings this year on a list of most popular study abroad programs from No. 12 to No. 17, beating out Georgetown University by one spot. All lists were based on rankings from student surveys.