Clinton dominates staff and faculty campaign donations

GW students aren’t the only ones #ReadyForHillary.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke at Lisner Auditorium in June. File Photo by Desiree Halpern | Senior Staff Photographer
GW faculty and staff members donated more than $20,000 to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who spoke at Lisner Auditorium in June. File Photo by Desiree Halpern | Senior Staff Photographer

Thirteen out of the 14 GW faculty and staff members who made donations to a presidential campaign this quarter gave money to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, according to campaign spending reports released Wednesday.

GW faculty and staff members’ donations to Clinton, who is running for the Democratic nomination for president, totaled more than $20,000. Donations to the campaign from GW professors, attorneys and other employees ranged from $3 to $2,700.

The average donation to the Clinton campaign among GW employees was more than $1,500. Kateryna Pyatybratova, a program coordinator, donated the most to the campaign, giving $2,703 in two separate gifts – one of $2,700, the limit an individual can donate to a candidate in an election, and the other being $3.

Helen Veit, a research associate, and Bradley Failor, a copywriter, both gave Clinton donations in the form of three installments of $225 each. Associate Vice President for Communications Sarah Gegenheimer Baldassaro also donated $1,000 to Clinton’s campaign.

Clinton had previously received support from GW students in the months leading up to her campaign announcement.

Overall, Clinton reported more than $46 million from more than 250,000 donors.

Only one other GW employee donated to a different campaign. Caitlin Summers, a senior public affairs specialist for the Elliott School of Public Affairs, gave $250 to Republican candidate and former governor of Florida Jeb Bush, according to his financial disclosure reports. Last month, GW students formed a group to support Bush’s run for the Oval Office.

Bush’s official campaign reported raising roughly $11.5 million in donations.

None of the other candidates running for the presidential nomination received donations from GW employees and none of GW’s top administrators have made donations to a campaign during the the past financial quarter.