Stay social media savvy at GW

Everybody’s heard that GW is one of the most politically active schools in the country. But we’re not too shabby at staying connected either — most clubs and organizations, as well as some D.C. hotspots, have informative Twitter accounts and Facebook pages.

Follow these accounts for the latest:

@GWPeterK Follow the student affairs dean for updates on all things student life. Konwerski often answers students’ questions, promotes GW events and his use of hashtags is #impeccable.

@FakeGWSA and @FakeHatchet: They call themselves fake but their topical commentary on campus goings-on, from the Student Associate elections to the lottery for “The Colbert Report” tickets, is spot-on.

@GWAlumni Follow this account for quips about what alumni are up to. It may seem weird to keep up with graduates while you’re still in school, but you never know when an alumnus — and a contact — who works at your dream job will pop up.

@TheVernExpress Whether you live on the Mount Vernon Campus or just take your University Writing course there, this account will tweet helpful updates when the weather’s bad or when you should plan accordingly due to traffic delays.

@930Club Follow this concert venue for live tweets during shows, pre-sale announcements, or updates on ticket availability for upcoming shows.

@CouncilofDC The D.C. Council’s Twitter aims to be “conversational, informative and sometimes even enjoyable to read,” according to a pinned tweet on the account, and with content like a photo of an office-wide planking contest, it is pretty amusing. You may even learn a thing or two about the fight for D.C. statehood.