Most surprising crimes of 2014-15

The University’s crime log documents some of the interesting and outlandish rule violations occurring on campus every week, in addition to giving students a heads up on the serious crimes that have happened.

Here are some of the most outrageous things from the past year that you may have missed:

Disorderly Conduct

Veterans Park
9/10/14 — 10:25 p.m.
Case closed

The University Police Department stopped a man who was defecating in the park. The man agreed to clean up the mess and was barred from campus.

— Subject barred

Liquor Law Violation

Marvin Center
2/8/15 — 1 a.m.
Case closed

UPD officers responded for a report of an individual who had been in a bathroom stall for an extended period of time. Upon arrival the officers determined that the subject was asleep. After waking up the subject officers discovered that the subject was intoxicated. The subject was transported to the hospital for intoxication treatment.

— Referred to department

Theft/Disorderly Conduct

University Yard
4/4/15 — 4:50 p.m.
Case closed

A student stole a hat and ran away after being told to stop. Officers found and detained the student. He was assessed for intoxication but refused to comply with EMeRG staff while he was being transported to the GW Hospital.

— Referred for disciplinary action

Liquor Law Violation/Destruction

Potomac House (Carvings)
2/14/15 — 11:52 p.m.
Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of an intoxicated and disorderly person. The subject was assessed and transported to GW Hospital by EMeRG. While at the hospital, the subject lit toilet seat covers on fire. Metropolitan Police Department was notified and stated that they would pursue an arrest warrant for the subject.

— Referred for disciplinary action

False Police Report

Thurston Hall
4/18/14 — 3:05 a.m.
Case closed

UPD identified a student who had made false 911 calls. The student admitted to making the calls to harass another student.

— Referred for disciplinary action