GW paid no fee to hold Clinton Foundation event in 2012

Jon Stewart speaks with former-President Bill Clinton during the closing remarks  for the last day of the Clinton Global Initiative University in 2012. Hatchet File Photo.
Jon Stewart speaks with former-President Bill Clinton during the closing remarks for the last day of the Clinton Global Initiative University in 2012. Hatchet File Photo.

When The Clinton Foundation held their Clinton Global Initiative University at GW in 2012, the University didn’t have to foot the bill.

GW was one of at least three colleges in the United States that did not pay to bring the event to their campus, according to The New York Post. Tulane and the University of Texas also did not pay the fee, which ranged from $250,000 to $500,000 at other colleges, the Post reported.

GW’s version of the event brought former President Bill Clinton and comedian Jon Stewart to Lisner Auditorium. Students entered to attend the three-day-long conference months in advance, which connected college students with entrepreneurs.

The Post reported that in three years, the Clinton Foundation took in more than $1 million from other colleges who paid to have the event held at their university. Arizona State University paid $500,000 to bring the event to their campus, according to The Post.