Former fundraising chief heads to University of Central Florida

Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations Michael Morsberger stepped down in October. Hatchet File Photo.
Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations Michael Morsberger stepped down in October. Hatchet File photo

GW’s former head of fundraising will start as the fundraising chief at the University of Central Florida next month, according to a release.

Michael Morsberger served as vice president for development and alumni relations at GW for about five years before leaving the University last October. He heads to UCF after a national search where he will oversee about 120 staff members between the school’s fundraising and alumni offices, according to the release.

“I am honored to accept this important role and serve the vast UCF community,” Morsberger said in the release. β€œIt is clear to me that the University of Central Florida at age 50 is at an inflection point in its remarkable history β€” and the next decade will surely prove to be very exciting.”

During his time at GW, Morsberger oversaw the launch of the University’s $1 billion campaign, which has raised about $700 million toward its goal since starting last June. His role was filled by Aristide Collins, the former vice president and secretary of the University, in February.

Morsberger also helped GW land its largest-ever gift of $80 million from billionaire philanthropists Michael Milken and Sumner Redstone to rename the public health school.