Crime Log

Simple Assault

24th and H streets
3/25/15 – 2:45 p.m.
Case closed

A person not affiliated with the University reported being struck in the face after attempting to break up a fight. The subject who was responsible for the assault was stopped and identified. Metropolitan Police Department officers were notified and, when they responded, it was discovered that the subject had multiple warrants and was arrested.

– Subject arrested

Simple Assault

University Mall
3/25/15 – 5 p.m.
Case closed

A female student reported being assaulted by a group of middle school age kids. MPD was notified and responded.

– No suspects or witnesses

Unlawful Entry

603 22nd St.
3/26/15 – 4:18 p.m.
Case closed

The University Police Department responded to a report of a man not affiliated with GW failing to move along when he was asked to do so. UPD officers issued the man a bar notice and escorted him off campus.

– Subject barred

Disorderly Conduct

Shenkman Hall
3/27/15 – 10:12 p.m.
Case closed

A subject unaffiliated with the University was observed unresponsive on the ground. When the man, who was intoxicated, was woken up, he gave UPD officers a hard time. He was transported to GW Hospital by EMeRG and continuously refused to comply with directions at the hospital.

– Subject barred

Disorderly Conduct/Liquor Law Violation

H and 20th streets
3/28/15 – 1:05 a.m.
Case closed

A female subject was seen urinating in public. She was stopped and it was determined that she was intoxicated. She identified herself as a GW student and was transported to GW Hospital for treatment of her intoxication.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Lewd, Indecent or Obscene Acts

Fulbright Hall
3/28/15 – 4:20 a.m.
Case closed

Two students were found engaged in indecent acts in the basement. One of the students was naked and the other was half-naked. After getting dressed independently the two students stated the activity was consensual.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Unlawful Entry

Academic Center
3/28/15 – 9:13 a.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a homeless person sleeping on the floor and it was discovered that he had been previously barred from campus. He was barred from campus again and transported to GW Hospital.

– Subject barred

Destruction/Liquor Law Violation

FSK Hall
3/28/15 – 11:17 a.m.
Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of yelling and screaming and identified the room from which the screams had originated. In the room, UPD officers found a student who appeared to have broken a hanging mirror. The student was transported to the hospital for treatment of his intoxication.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Arson

South Hall
4/1/15 – 12:01 a.m.
Case closed

UPD officers responded to a report of a fire but discovered that the fire had already been extinguished before officers arrived. Officers discovered a half-burnt carton of milk and some ashes. D.C. Fire investigators were notified and responded to the scene.

– Referred to D.C. Fire Investigations

– Compiled by Benjamin Kershner