D.C. in winter storm warning until Thursday night

Updated: March 4, 2015 at 11:20 p.m.

Students hoping to fly out of D.C. for spring break on Thursday might be out of luck.

The District is expected to get anywhere between five and 10 inches of snow Wednesday night into Thursday, Capital Weather Gang reported. The city will be in a winter storm warning until 9 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.

Capital Weather Gang reported that snowfall totals could change depending on what time rain turns into snow Wednesday night. The University of Maryland in College Park and Howard University already canceled Thursday classes.

D.C. Public Schools also canceled classes on Thursday, the Washington Post reported.

GW and neighboring Georgetown University officials also faced a little pressure on Twitter to cancel Thursday classes.

D.C. will deploy more than 200 snow trucks to be on their routes by 2 a.m. Thursday, according to a District Snow Team release sent Wednesday at about 2:30 p.m.

The University sent an email to off-campus students Wednesday evening with information about the city’s snow removal policies, steps to follow in case of a power outage and places to buy shovels. Drivers should move their cars to snow emergency routes by Thursday morning, the email read.

Two weeks ago, GW canceled classes for a day after more than three inches of snow covered the city.