Where to celebrate New Year’s in the District

Being home for New Year’s Eve means partying with high school friends, avoiding old flames and navigating your hometown bar scene. For those lucky souls ringing in 2015 back in D.C., here are the best places to be when the clock strikes midnight.

Two parties for the price of one
Head to the Black Cat for its New Year’s Eve Ball: The bi-level event will feature Peaches O’Dell and her Orchestra as well as DJ Dredd and Grap Luva. On the mainstage, Peaches will be all about a rhythmic genre, “jump swing,” a modern take on the saxaphone-driven beats of the ’20s and ’50s. And on the backstage, the DJs will spin a dance party that’s sure to stay with you all year.
Black Cat, 1811 14th St. NW. Doors at 8 p.m. $30

Celebrating with the beautiful people
Stay up until the first sunrise of 2015 as you rage the night away with 6,000 “Beautiful People” at Echostage. Italian DJ Benny Benassi has been on the scene since the release of “Satisfaction” in 2002, but he hit it big with the Grammy Award-winning mix, “Bring the Noise.” Since then, he’s worked with artists like John Legend, Madonna and Chris Brown.
Echostage, 2135 Queens Chapel Road NE. Doors at 8 p.m. $60

It may not be Mardi Gras…
But Bayou is hosting a New Orleans-themed bash anyway. With Abita beer and Hurricane specials – regular drinks in the Crescent City – and complimentary champagne at midnight, this is one of your cheapest options if you’re 21 or older. Alex Vans & The Hide Away, a local folk-rock band, will play at the event.
Bayou, 2519 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Doors at 10 p.m. $10