Weekend Outlook: End the semester with a craft fair and fashion trucks

As the semester winds down, go out with a bang by exploring a new exhibit at Freer Gallery or shopping at fashion trucks all weekend.

Saturday

9th Annual Upshur Street Arts and Crafts Fair: Twenty-five local artists will gather in the Petworth neighborhood and D.C. musicians will perform all day, courtesy of Listen Local First D.C., which promotes the city’s music culture. It’s the perfect place to shop for last-minute gifts. Be sure to grab some warm pierogis or goulash soup from Domku between vendors as you take advantage of the balmy December weather.
800 block of Upshur Street. NW. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free.

Zen, Tea and Chinese Art at Freer Gallery: Check out the opening of the latest exhibit at Freer Gallery of Art, which explores the Chinese roots of Japanese cultural expressions like Zen Buddhism, tea and ink painting. The exhibit aims to synthesize the rich history of these dichotic cultures through ancient paintings and ceramics, and runs until June 2015.
1050 Independence Ave. SW. 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Free.

Sunday

Fashion Truck Market at The Yards Park: So-called mobile boutiques will take over Navy Yard this weekend. This community of entrepreneurs pushed back against restrictions in the food truck-friendly District last spring, and it seems to have found its footing. The event will showcase sellers like Street Boutique, a Parisian-themed shop no bigger than your dorm room.
Tingey and 4th streets. SE. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free.

Paperhaus at U Street Music Hall: If you missed Kraftwerk last weekend, have no fear: Paperhaus will perform a rendition of the group’s famed “Trans-Euro Express” at U Street Music Hall and host a listening party for their upcoming, self-titled album. The electroclash sound of local duo Alex Tebeleff and Eduardo Rivera is reminiscent of bands like the Talking Heads and the modern psychedelic artists of MGMT.
1115 U St. NW. Doors at 8 p.m. $5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBGNlTPgQII