City Hall: Expect no Internet for another 36 hours

Media Credit: City. Dan Rich | Hatchet Photographer

Students residing in City Hall found themselves without access to Wi-Fi, starting Tuesday evening. Dan Rich | Hatchet Photographer
Students living in City Hall found themselves without access to Wi-Fi starting Tuesday evening. Dan Rich | Hatchet Photographer

Updated: Dec. 3, 2014 at 10:35 p.m.

This post was written by Hatchet assistant news editors Eva Palmer and Jacqueline Thomsen.

Want to study for finals from the comfort of your bed? If your bed is in City Hall, that’s not an option.

The Division of Information Technology tweeted Wednesday morning that it would take at least another 36 hours before wireless Internet would be restored in the building. It had been down since Tuesday.

The office tweeted Tuesday that Internet services had been “degraded” because of “faulty hardware,” and that the Internet would be restored by Wednesday morning at the earliest.

Peter Konwerski, vice provost and dean of student affairs, tweeted an apology to City Hall residents Tuesday night.

The power in the building was turned off for eight hours starting Monday night for a required test of the main switch gear, according to a notice sent to residents by Paris Rossiter, the property manager for the residence hall.

GW launched a new wireless network, “GWireless,” at the beginning of the semester.