Fourth-year law student found dead in off-campus apartment

Fourth-year law student Mark Lee was found dead Sunday in his off-campus apartment, Dean Blake D. Morant told the law school community Tuesday.

D.C. police are investigating the death of the 35-year-old, who was in the school’s part-time degree program. Morant said in his message that there is “no indication that the incident was the result of a criminal act.”

“Members of the university staff have spoken with Mark’s family and have offered our deepest sympathies and our desire to provide whatever support is necessary,” Morant wrote.

The death is the second tragedy within the law school this semester, after second-year law student Gregory Levine was found dead in his Jefferson House apartment last month. The D.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has not yet released the official cause of Levine’s death.

Members of the GW Law School community are invited to gather in the school’s Faculty Conference Center on Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. to remember Lee.

Counselors will be at the law school Tuesday from 1 to 4 p.m. in Stuart Hall, room 210. Students can also contact the University Counseling Center at 202-994-5300.

“We recognize that this is an extremely difficult time for our students, and we will continue to provide support for one another,” Morant wrote in his message. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mark’s family, his loved ones, and friends.”