Crime log

Theft/Liquor Law Violation

Gelman Library
11/6/14 – 2:41 a.m.
Case closed

A student reported that her unattended backpack was stolen. During the reporting process, another student was stopped carrying the first student’s backpack. He was intoxicated and said he picked up the wrong bag. He was evaluated on the scene by EMeRG and released.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct/Liquor Law Violation

23rd and G streets
11/7/14 – 2:30 a.m.
Case closed

Campus police on patrol observed two men arguing and then fighting. The officers broke up the fight and determined that one man was a student and the other man was his friend. Both had been drinking and both were assessed for intoxication. The unaffiliated man passed the assessment and was barred from campus. The student was taken to the hospital for treatment for intoxication. No serious injuries were reported.

– Subject barred

Threats to do Bodily Harm/Liquor Law Violation

Thurston Hall
11/7/14 – 3:25 a.m.
Case closed

University Police Department responded to a report from two male residents that they were threatened with physical harm by two other male residents when they went to their door and asked the other pair to quiet down. When officers went to interview the students who had been accused of making the threats, it was discovered that they had both been drinking. Both were assessed and did not require medical treatment, though they had been drinking.

-Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct/Liquor Law Violation

South Hall
11/7/14 – 11:40 p.m.
Case closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint and discovered a large party with alcohol. One student was belligerent and refused to cooperate, stating that he was a student at another institution. He was discovered to be a GW student and was transported to the hospital for treatment.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Disorderly Conduct/Liquor Law Violation

24th and I streets
11/8/14 – 2:40 a.m.
Case closed

UPD encountered a 20-year-old Army private who was belligerent and intoxicated. Military police officers from Fort Meyer came to take custody of the soldier.

– Subject barred

Disorderly Conduct

City Hall
11/8/14 – Unknown time
Case closed

GW Housekeeping discovered human excrement in the corner of the City Hall lobby.

– No suspects or witnesses

Drug Law Violation/Liquor Law Violation

Phillip Amsterdam Hall
11/9/14 – 2:05 a.m.
Case closed

UPD conducted a welfare check on a distraught student and found her to be intoxicated and in possession of prescription pills that did not belong to her. She was transported to the hospital for treatment.

– Referred for disciplinary action

Theft

2200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW (Devon & Blakely)
11/11/14 – 6:20 to 6:40 p.m.
Case closed

A student reported that his backpack and laptop were taken from a chair where he was eating dinner.

– Referred to Metropolitan Police Department